Saturday, March 12, 2016

Prioritizing the Important over the Urgent

I put a priority on blocking all time grabbing activities that I don't place a high value on. That way I make sure I have plenty of time for what I most care about.

But I see most people get overwhelmed with what they feel is urgent and fail to do the things they talk about being important to them. They would benefit greatly from making sure they don't allow the "urgent" items to crowd out those items that are most important to them (non-negotiables).

If I did look at things as non-negotiables one would be the NCAA basketball tournament and another would be hiking and also using the internet.

response to: Do you think a non negotiable list could help you?

Related: The Aim Should be the Best Life – Not Work v. Life Balance - Working Less: Better Lives and Less Unemployment - Chomphet Hike, Luang Prabang, Laos - Financial Independence Retire Early (FIRE) and Location Independent Working

No comments: