Sunday, December 17, 2006

Wordpress Hosts Please

I am looking for suggestions for a decent wordpress host. My current host, TextDrive has been down for 4 hours (that I know of) so far today. This is the 3rd time in less than 2 months they have had such problems (well I think they are problems anyway). the first two times after I contacted them (if I don't notice and contact them I never hear anything) I am told it is rare, we are making changes, there are special causes for this time... We care...

I want a host that publishes uptime figures on the server I will be hosted on (how anyone could claim to manage a web hosting business without such stats is beyond me but...). And I would like that the figure to be above 99.75%. And by 99.75% I mean that is when it is actually available (not that well it is available 99.9% of the time except when we have problems, we don't count x, y and z unavailable time as unavailable, we count is as down only if our Sys Admin has received notice and has accepted the ticket until then we don't start the time...).

I would also prefer a host that responds to problems. I can understand not responding to down web sites within minutes for cheap hosting options. But repeatedly having servers fail for hours in the same day and not even responding to tickets for hours when that is happening is not what I am looking for.

99.75% = 8738.1 hours out of 8760 hours in a 365 day year. That is down 22 hours. The rest of the time anyone visiting the site will see the proper web page.

1 comment:

Curious Cat said...

I have been using Midphase for several months now they have been very good.